Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.
The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is located in the Middle East, northwest of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It also shares borders with Iraq, Israel, Syria and the West Bank. The capital is Amman. The climate is arid with the rainy season in the west from November to April. The terrain is mostly desert plateau with a highland area in the west. The population is approximately 6 million. Our official language is Arabic, while English is the language used for science and technology and among the educated in their professional capacities. Medical and other university students are also taught in English.
Although Jordan is layered with neither green hills nor meadows, and nor is it sprawling with elements of night life, nevertheless this country has something unique; it is a holy land marked by the footprints of the prophets, the prophet's companions, stories from the Qur'an and the Bible. Petra, an ancient city in the south of Jordan, is considered one of the seven wonders of the world. Moreover, in 2009, the National Geographic adventure magazine selected the Feynan Lodge as …
Commissioned; not externally peer reviewed.
Read the full text or download the PDF:
Other content recommended for you
- My six day experience in the Middle East
- Access to healthcare for children in Palestine
- Under-five malnutrition among Palestine refugee children living in camps in Jordan: a mixed-methods study
- Assessing vaccine hesitancy in Arab countries in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region: a scoping review protocol
- Gender differences in the price elasticity of demand for waterpipe and cigarette smoking in Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine: a volumetric choice experiment
- Reproductive, maternal, neonatal and child health in conflict: a case study on Syria using Countdown indicators
- Attitudes of pharmacy students towards patient safety: a cross-sectional study from six developing countries
- Delivering non-communicable disease interventions to women and children in conflict settings: a systematic review
- WHO’s support for COVID-19 research and knowledge management in the Eastern Mediterranean Region
- Migraine and tension-type headache among undergraduate medical, dental and pharmaceutical students of University of Aleppo: a cross-sectional study