Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.
Contributors All the authors had access to the data and a role in the writing of the manuscript. GS and JMH wrote the draft manuscript. KP provided the muscle biopsy text. DAW, BMM and PB contributed to the drafting of the manuscript.
Funding This work was funded in part by the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) and the Lily and Ernst Hausmann Research Trust.
Competing interests None.
Patient consent Obtained.
Ethics approval University of Cape Town Health Sciences Research Ethics Committee.
Provenance and peer review Not commissioned; externally peer reviewed. This paper was reviewed by Jon Walters, Swansea, UK.
Read the full text or download the PDF:
Other content recommended for you
- Diagnosis and new treatments in muscular dystrophies
- The importance of genetic diagnosis for Duchenne muscular dystrophy
- Genetic diagnosis of Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy using next-generation sequencing technology: comprehensive mutational search in a single platform
- Diagnosis and management of the limb girdle muscular dystrophies
- Measurement of the clinical utility of a combined mutation detection protocol in carriers of Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy
- Making sense of the clinical spectrum of limb girdle muscular dystrophies
- Genetic diagnosis of Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy through mRNA analysis: new splicing events
- Recent advances in the management of Duchenne muscular dystrophy
- Republished Education in Heart: Cardiac involvement in muscular dystrophy: advances in diagnosis and therapy
- Cardiac involvement in muscular dystrophy: advances in diagnosis and therapy